11/13/2009

Someone I used to live with, suddenly died a few weeks ago. In the middle of talking with the family at the funeral, and making sure Aiesha was behaving herself I didn't get round to reading the "In memoriam" that was written for him.
Tonight after stupidly having coffee for dinner I couldn't sleep and noticed it on my table. After reading it, it made me realise what a wonderful effect Jonathan had on people. He was a great artist,accomplished lots of things in his life, but the things that people remembered most of all was how he was always there for others.
I thought that was a great way to be remembered in life, and I realised how much I've been slipping in that area.
I've been trying (badly at times)since having a baby to get the balance right between being a mom and achieving things in my home/personal life, Jonathan's death reminded me that in spite of everything there is to do, not to forget the things that matter the most.

No comments: